Stuck in my pants.

I am stuck in my pants.

When I put my leather pants on to leave work tonight, the zipper pull broke off the fly zipper. This was annoying, but not necessarily traumatic.

When I got home, I took off my boots and tried to unzip my pants. And couldn’t.

The zipper is 100% stuck. I was able to force it open about halfway down but have, so far, been utterly unable to get it all the way unzipped.

So, I tried IMing Peter at work:

[Carolyn] i’m stuck in my pants
[Peter at work] im stuck in someone elses problem hell

And then he idled away. OK. I can’t mess around with the zipper because the leather’s too stiff to allow me to contort and bend to see it.

Do these things happen to other people?

7 Responses to Stuck in my pants.

Yes, strange and unusual things do indeed happen to other people. Remember the guy up the tree?
    Have you tried looping something like a keychain hoop through the hole, to make a new zipper?
    If you’re really in trouble, I’ll ride down there and help you, but is Peter home by now?

Nah, he’s still at work, but ….um…..Cat talked me out of my pants. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
    The problem was that it was a locking zipper — the zipper pull actually tilted back and pushed a little mechanical lever inside the zipper mechanism up so that the zipper could unzip.
    I put a tiny cable tie through the zipper housing (Cat’s suggestion), which was large enough to push that mechanism up. Then, natch, I couldn’t *zip* the pants (erm, after I removed them). So I cut off the cable tie and put through a piece of twine. Tough enough to pull up the lever to unzip, but won’t block it, so it’ll zip in the first place.

Proof I’m from the mid-west.
    Try a safety pin. The loop at the back should activate the lever when used.

4. wookiee says:

I wouldn’t mind being stuck in your pants.
    (sorry, someone had to take it low)

You probably would, actually — they’re even a little small on me! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

6. Alex says:

I’ve been stuck in pants before. But not because I broke a zipper. Because I’m a guy, I’m german, and I sweat about as much water out in a hour, as niagra falls dumps over in a day. So my leathers get all matter of sticky, and its usually a twenty-minute ordeal trying to get them off.
    So then, since I’m single, I ask my roomate to help me pull them off, and then my underware comes with the pants, and he vows never to help me with them again. Recently, I’ve gotten into getting my dog to bite the end (to play tug of war) and then use her as leverage to get them off. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thats funny shit though. Hysterical. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Krista Diaz says:

My zipper on my jacket is really STUCK!!! I can not get it loose, my finger is sooooooo red from tugging so much!! Please help me get it unzipped!!