2004 WOW Mileage Contest

Each year, Women on Wheels holds a mileage contest. To keep things fair for our sisters in wintery states, the contest runs from April 1 – October 31.

I just finished filling out my ending mileage form: 11,511 miles since April 1. Not too shabby, but far fewer miles than I’d expected. That means I only rode 6000 non-Alaska miles this spring/summer, which is a pretty weak showing. Hrm.

I have, however, put on 13,243 miles since January 1. My mileage for 2003 at our Wind Dancers January party was 13,811 (that’s January-November, if I recall correctly); I think I can put on 600 miles within the next month and have a new personal record.

7 Responses to 2004 WOW Mileage Contest

AAAGH!
    Thanks for the reminder!

2. wookiee says:

You think that’s weak – I put all of about 2000 miles on my bike this past year.

3. Eric says:

WOW just might have a new queen of all milage Poof. Hope ya win!!

4. Stepha nie says:

Dude. I certainly am not knocking Carolyn, since we are keeping roughly the same mileage, but you’re selling WOW very short if you think 14,000 miles in a year is going to be top mileage. No way *anybody* under 50,000 a year is going to take it.

Steph is right….sort of. The *male* rider (i.e. support member) top mileage in all categories is usually around 50k. The female rider (i.e. full member) top mileage in the 1000ccc category is sadly usually around half of that. This amazes me at every ride-in I attend. It boggles my mind.
    There are also different categories, based on displacement.
    Full Rider:
    – 500cc and under (1st and 2nd places)
    – 501cc – 999cc (1st and 2nd places)
    – 1000cc and over (1st and 2nd places)
    Support Member
    Hile Mileage, 1st and 2nd place, regardless of displacement
    Passenger category (full, child, or support member)
    Hile Mileage, 1st and 2nd place, regardless of displacement
    I don’t recall what the high mileage for the 501cc-999cc category usually is. I can’t find it offhand, and I’m late to go vote….will update later. 🙂

Oh, yeah. I completely forgot they had categories at national. I just based it on the fact that there’s no way I’m going to win the chapter mileage with Leslie and Jodi riding around as much as they do. But they have larger cc engines, don’t they?
    Eh. I’m a woman. I just don’t place that much emphasis on size.

7. Eric says:

I would never never never never never never never ever ever ever sell WOW’s short.
    I was Just wishing The poofster good luck Steph!