Rarrrr!

I just finished charging up the new battery and realized that I was one teensy tiny letter off in the Yuasa code when I bought the battery. The damn thing is about a half-centimeter too tall to fit in the SVS. Rarrrr! Fortunately, it’s the right battery for the Superhawk, so I’ll just swap that one in. Sigh. It’s Unintentional Upgrades to the Superhawk Week.

Which means that I’ll be back at the dealership tomorrow for yet another battery. Take my money away! I wouldn’t be so rushed about it, but the rain is supposed to pause on Saturday, and I really want to take the SVS on the Women on Wheels monthly ride. I’ll take the Superhawk if I have no other choice, but damn, I miss riding my bike. Waahh.

Wahhhhh! Waaaaah! I whine at you because this is the Internet and that is what people do! Wah!

OK, now I go to bed.

8 Responses to Rarrrr!

1. Michael says:

Caroline –
    Do you have a write-up on how to access the SVS battery? (or is this a stupidly simple task and I should just read the manual) Do you charge it while it’s still hooked up or do you take the terminal leads off? (maybe you even remove the battery before charging). I’ve got an ’01 SVS and would like to get it charged and ready this weekend. Thanks for any advice you can give. πŸ™‚

It’s pretty easy. πŸ™‚ Remove the seat (there are four bolts; two 4mm and two 6mm) and you’ll see the plastic fuse housing. That whole plastic piece lifts up, revealing the battery underneath.
    You can leave everything in place to charge it. The only time I remove the battery is to replace it. πŸ™‚

3. Alex says:

Carolyn,
    So sad to hear the SVS is having wubba trouble. However, you have a full fleet of bikes you can ride at the moment, so chin up! Let the SVS take a breather, take care of her. At least you CAN ride! The way things are shaping up with the biohazard in my knee, I’ll be missing most of the season for treatment. So head up, best wishes to the SVS and a speedy recovery, and remember, it could be alot worse! πŸ™‚

4. Peter says:

Woo, new battery for the SuperHawk. Hopefully it won’t suffer from Carolyn’s Battery Curse!

The seat was pretty easy to hack up, but probably a lot less easy to hack up perfectly. πŸ˜‰ I just went at it with a razor blade and didn’t really care how it ended up looking.
    The propad instructions look pretty good. πŸ™‚
    I had the stock seat on for a little while, but I swapped it for a Suzuki gel seat when a friend was selling hers cheaply. I think they retail for $80 or so, but there are probably used ones on ebay. I’ve had the gel seat so long that I can’t really compare it with the stock seat, but it’s comfortable and slightly thinner than stock (good for those of us with short inseams). The cover is pretty porous, so it retains heat and water, but that’s not a problem unless you always ride in jeans. I’ve never noticed either problem with my leather pants.

Alex: that sucks. I’m sorry to hear that. πŸ™ Send details over email someday when you’re feeling verbose, eh?

Zoom Cycles has reliable batteries, probably cheaper than the dealership. I’ve never had any problem with ’em, but you might need a special kind. I dunno.
    Good luck! It’s shaping up that I can’t come on Saturday – again. :: grump ::