Stupid winter.

Damn, every place I thought about riding over the upcoming long weekend (Jan 12-15) is forecasted to be cold, rainy, and/or icy. Grumble grumble. I did not authorize winter.

11 Responses to Stupid winter.

1. Kim says:

You’re going away for the weekend? Hmm, maybe I won’t do any bday idiocy on the 15th. I’m kind of disinclined to go through the planning effort, anyway.

GAH! I totally forgot about your stuff. I wasn’t planning anything, really, I was just looking at weather reports while procrastinating doing work. 😉

3. blalor says:

Come to New England. Apparently winter’s been cancelled here. 🙁

4. Alan R says:

It’s funny to read you complaining about how it’s too icy to ride your bike right next to the photo of you on your bike on the ice. 🙂

5. alison says:

hi! i decided to stalk you online since you’re always in meetings. this post made me worried that my class might be icy during that weekend because… uh… that’s the same weekend.
    i hope i don’t fall a lot.

>hi! i decided to stalk you online since you’re always in meetings.
    I’m in the reporting meeting as I type! Weren’t you going to attend it too? 😉 😉

7. Regan says:

Fly out to PA, escape from that icy California! It’s supposed to be 66F this Saturday. You can ride the SV back home!

8. Glenn says:

Instead of PA, I think you should ride here in Colorado, no ice, just snow! So I thought it would be the perfect time to fix a valve cover bolt that had lost it’s threads on my GSX-1100. Unfortunately a different bolt head stripped and I can not get to this bolt to properly drill and use a easyout to remove. I have already broken a #3 trying. So I think I am looking at dropping the engine to get to this darn bolt. Not quite what I had in mind when I started this repair. So I could always use a couple of extra hands to help! Just Kidding!

9. Regan says:

I bet she could do it blind-folded. I’ve used Carolyn’s write-ups to fix my sv a few times. Last Saturday I replaced my speedometer rotor that broke. Her instructions helped a bunch.
    I Googled ‘sv speedometer rotor’, and her write-up was the first hit! Thanks ‘poof!

10. alison says:

I’m a dolt.
    > I’m in the reporting meeting as I type! Weren’t you going to attend it too? 😉 😉
    I vote from now on, I ignore Ira and go to meetings so I can learn random things. For example: you with beer tonight taught me many fun facts about our partners! Woot! 😀

Another fine example of why I should stop drinking beer at work. 😉