Today’s my last day at work before leaving for the great white north. I’m afraid I’m going to be fairly useless for anything other than running around and making sure that my coworker is on all the various meeting invite lists.
Things I still have to do:
1) Pack. Ha.
2) Email Barbara, one of the Alaskan Women on Wheels members, for her phone number. I want to try to have dinner with their chapter.
3) Buy a 2.5mm to 3.5mm plug adapater so that I can use my external microphone with my digital voice recorder. You’d think this shit would have standards by now.
4) Send my Sept/Oct column off to the national WOW magazine editor. It’s written, but I need to format it.
5) Call Hare Racing and see if I can squeeze in tomorrow for new tires.
6) RSVP for a friend’s September wedding (or see if I can delay RSVPing until I get back).
I finally finished photocopying the appropriate pages from my fifteen thousand books on Alaska/British Columbia/Yukon. I’m probably bringing close to 100 double-sided photocopies, but that weighs a whole lot less than bringing the entire books.
The only books I’m bringing along are The Adventure Guide to the Alaska Highway and either Tim Cahill’s Road Fever or Bill Bryson’s A Walk in the Woods. And maybe Barry Lopez’s Arctic Dreams, as I’m two chapters into it.
Ponder ponder ponder.
4 Responses to Getting ready to leave