Welcome to mid-December! I hope everyone is having a good holiday season so far. Â We have our lights up, stockings hung by the chimney with care, and are prepping to fly to Ohio next week. Â Go Christmas!
What’s Going On?
I would say that, for daily life, I’m about 90% back to normal. Â I have moments of flare ups and I still can’t lift/carry as much as I’d like, but that’s about it. Â Most days, unless I’m really careless, I don’t notice my back at all. Â Woohoo!
- Still doing planks every night (I’m up to 30 seconds each for “normal” forearm ones plus side planks).
- Still weekly training with Melinda. Â My weights are increasing and the back soreness after workouts is decreasing. Â I still ice my low back after working out, but I’m usually back to normal within a couple of hours (not counting normal DOMS from the actual workout).
- Couch to 5K is stumbling along — I was doing great with it, but then took the week of Thanksgiving off as a rest week, and then got the evil death plague the week following Thanksgiving. Â I was out of work for a week and it took another week past that to stop being winded just walking between rooms. Â So I’ll pick that back up today or tomorrow.
- No skating again this month.
- I’m up to about 40 miles per ride (double from last month, which was ~20 miles per ride). Â Yay!
- The last couple of weeks have been woefully low on riding due to the aforementioned evil death plague and then the ubiquitous winter fog/rain. Â While in theory I have no problem with riding in either (and have done so many times in the past), I don’t yet have the margin of error with my back to deal with the myriad problems that could occur with foggy, moss-covered twisty roads. Â So, I wait for the sunshine.
So, a pretty boring update this month….the best kind!