Lunch rides with Dora

Last Friday, Peter and I rode to lunch; I took the SVS and he rode Dora*. We took the back twisties from our house up to Alice’s and then took the direct route home.

* For those coming late to the party, Karl — the VFR’s previous owner — named it Dora and I see no reason to change that.

417_1748

417_1751

Today, we reversed everything: Peter rode the Superhawk and I took Dora; we took the direct route to Alice’s and the back twisties home. 🙂

417_1760

417_1764

I’ll definitely do a litany of ride impressions, but I must eat first. Blood sugar good for coherent writing.

This entry was posted in Rides. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Lunch rides with Dora

1. Karl says:

Awww. Dora. 🙂
    By the way, in case you were wondering, the name Dora comes out of a Robert Heinlein book, “Time Enough for Love” …

At least it wasn’t “I Will Fear No Evil,” which is the Worst. Book. Ever. 😉

3. Spike says:

Hey Carolyn, I just browsed your WI trip report and I LOVED the pics. Did you get a new camera? They are some of the best quality pics I’ve seen you post. What camera did you use? Also what software do you use to resize the jpgs? I use Irfanview freeware and it is awesome to do batch resizing/rename.

Thanks! It’s actually the same camera — a Canon S50. This may be my last trip with it; I abuse the hell out of it and the poor thing’s falling apart.
    Peter wrote me a script to resize the pics and create the thumbnail page; both of us have tweaked it over the years as needed. It works pretty well. 🙂

5. Industrialeca says:

that white VFR is one very good looking bike. what year is it?

1993, to my knowledge the only year the bike came in white (in the US).

7. Kansas says:

Great looking bike!

It looks like I’ve abused the heck out of my S70, too 🙁

9. Kevin says:

Hi carolyn, just stumbled across your blog
    (I had a 93 VFR750, hit a deer in Pleasanon several years ago 🙁 and that was the end of that)
    Were these pics of the VFR at Skeggs pont (near 84 and skyline?)
    Great motorcycle road, Skeggs point is THE BEST mountain bike trails I’ve ever been on
    Anyway TAKE CARE!