Our garage is currently an ER waiting room. Â
Every bike needs something, which means that I’m passive-aggressively dealing with it by not working on any of them. 😉 Â
- Needs a new battery. Â Peter has one, but it’s still on the charger.
- I need to check out the wiring to see if the VR/RR is the culprit behind needing said battery; the last one was brand new in October 2007.Â Â
- The tire is still flat, as it has been since arriving back home from our cross-country trip. Â I have a new tube, but I need to inspect the wheel and see if a spoke is causing all the flats.Â
- Needs a complete carb clean; the idle jet is clogged and the bike won’t idle.Â
- Due for an oil change and Loc-Tite’ing of pretty much all bolts.Â
- Still making the weird metal rattling noise, even after I fixed the broken CDI bracket. Â Must spelunk.
- The odometer/speedometer acted erratic and then stopped working altogether yesterday. Â Cleaning the speedo sensor on the rear wheel seems to have fixed it, but if it goes wonky again, that’ll be another thing that needs triage.Â
- Just had its annual tune-up at the bike shop, so that’s done at least, but it needs washing and a general look-over since I haven’t personally ridden it in a few months.Â
- I bought a windscreen and bar risers, since I love them so much on the white XT, so those should make their way from the garage floor onto the bike.Â
- Still in Seattle for the time being, but it’s returning to the Bay Area in about three weeks, where it’ll need an oil change and annual tune-up. Â
Then, in addition, we have two bikes alongside the house that need to go over to Fremont Cycle Salvage
in our copious free time. Â
I think that’s it; hopefully writing it all down will motivate me to actually start making progress on that huge list!Â