Photos from Key West, FL through Muskego, WI

Well, leg 2 of the trip has come to a close and now we're about to embark on the home stretch.

Notice I said "we're"…..Peter has decided to ride home to California with me!! So, for all of you who think I'm a badass for riding a single cylinder 650cc bike around the country, you now have a new hero: Peter's doing 2/3 of the country on a 400cc thumper! :)

Anyway, here are some photos from our trip from Key West up to Wisconsin.

Peter riding up US 1 through the Florida Keys:

IMG_0754

Launch pad 39-A at Kennedy Space Center:

IMG_0876

The bikes along the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia:

IMG_1096

Checking out a Civil War cemetery in Lewisburg, West Virginia:

IMG_1165

Your intrepid adventurers, leaving Columbus, Ohio:

IMG_1344

A very cool storm front in northern Illinois:

IMG_1432

Flooding in southeastern Wisconsin (this is the road to my mom's house):

IMG_1451

We should be back in California in about 10 days.  More photos then! 🙂
This entry was posted in F650GS, Trips and Travels. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Photos from Key West, FL through Muskego, WI

1. toddrod says:

Both of you guys have always been my heroes! I’m glad you are having a great trip, and lookin forward to the final trip report.
    Toddrod

Yay, Peter! Thanks for raising the bar for everyone else’s spouse. 🙂

3. Colin says:

2/3 of the country on a DRZ? Big props! I thought my g/f was a trooper for doing a 700 mile weekend on one; this is in another class altogether!

4. Tony says:

::cough:: Yes, thanks Peter. 😛
    Great pics! Looks like tons of fun.

5. Craig says:

You’ve captured the essence of this country once again with you photographic art. From the reverence Peter shows at the grave site to the current problems we face with the floods, thanks again for sharing your trip and your passion with the rest of us. Ride Safe!

6. Dave says:

Well I am looking forward to doing a trip like yours on a Goldwing or an Ultra. The two of you are making me jealous , of your will (thumpers?cross country? are you both crazy? :):) ) and the free time!! Be safe,I enjoy reading about your adventures.

7. Hi Carolyn
    Great stuff! I haven’t been able to get on Twitter for weeks now, so I’m glad I stopped by.
    If your route takes you to Northern California, we now live off highway 299 near Weaverville. Please drop me a line if you will be heading that way. I don’t have phone right now so it’ll have to be email.
    Cheers,