Photos from Austin, TX through Key West, FL

Peter and I are happily puttering away on our laptops while watching Game 6 from our hotel room in Florida City, so I figured I'd post some more trip pics. πŸ˜€

Alligator at Lake Fausse Pointe State Park, LA:

IMG_0458

Awesome gravel road I found leaving Lake Fausse Pointe State Park:

IMG_0500

N'awlins, LA:

IMG_0516
Sampling the local nightlife in Fort Walton Beach, FL:

IMG_0566

Peter greets two of the Hemingway cats (only one of which had 6 toes πŸ˜‰ ):

IMG_0638

90 miles to COOOOBA:

IMG_0718

Famous Key West sunset:

IMG_0738

More pics from the end of our next leg, in Wisconsin. πŸ™‚
This entry was posted in F650GS, Trips and Travels. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Photos from Austin, TX through Key West, FL

1. Dr. Lost says:

Go wings!

2. Paulie says:

Hey…face it
    The International Lounge was the highlight of your trip. Bad karioke and Korean Disco music right here in the heart of Fort Walton Beach…
    Dont share the secret! The tourists will come here!

3. motomoto says:

If you were on A1 to Key West on 5/31 or 6/1 I might have passed you going the other way. Looks like a fun trip.

4. SRAB says:

Spectacular sunride, I really ought to get up and watch one of those!

5. Jennie says:

Beautiful sunset photo! Did you take a quick trip to cooooba for some see-gars?

6. Dave says:

Don’t know where you are in this trip (today is 6/13) but if you are coming through Cincinnati area my daughter (11yo) and I (although we are Goldwingers) would like to join your ride for a bit. If I could get her to read your blog it would help her dream of things SHE can do.

7. Durandal says:

I am envious of your trip! I’d love to do a cross-country trip on my bike, but I’d certainly have to do it on something beefier than my XT225! It looks like you’re having fun, and well wishes to you for the remainder of your trip!

8. Don’t know what happened to my last comment. Either way, avoid northern California. It’s on fire. In fact, avoid I-5 if you can, cut south before you get there. Lots of fires in New Mexico, too.

Weird, i don’t know what happened to your last comment, either! I didn’t delete it. *scratches head*
    Yeah, definitely no I-5 for us. We’re in Fallon now and will be coming in across the Sierras (though of course, they’re on fire, too). The sky has been hazy and smoky from the CA fires since the Nevada/Utah border.