Birthday fun

Well, Sunday was my birthday, bringing me to year 29 of roaming the earth looking for good roads and good beer.

I got two very nice birthday presents; the first one was a visit from Cat! I see Cat far too infrequently since she moved back to Toronto, so it’s always really nice to see her when she’s in town for some work conference. 😉

She borrowed Dora for the afternoon, and along with her friend Ben, we did a quick ride up to Alice’s to meet Kim for lunch.

It was really great to see her, and I was even lucky enough to get an Evil Robot photo with her spectacular leathers. Cat and I are both just one big walking Helimot ad. 😉

445_4573jpg

My second kickass birthday present came after a very nice dinner (thanks, Peter!) — Salamander bar end weights for the Z! *happypurr*

Because I am Very Very Dorky, I didn’t even want to take off my heels to install the new bar ends. Since the old ones required the air compressor to remove (much simpler than the pipe wrench method I used on the SVS), I got to play dressed-up fashion model with tools.

I’m very proud to say that not one drop of grease wound up on that shirt. 😉

445_4574jpg 445_4577jpg

The bar end weights work great, by the way. I commuted in to work on the bike yesterday, and could actually type at work after having ridden on the freeway! No numb hands. 🙂 This is A Stellar Improvement and gives me much hope for the future. *happy*

7 Responses to Birthday fun

1. deanzaZR says:

Great entry Poof and Happy Birthday!
    Glad the bar ends are helping out. The Helimot leathers look awesome (nice design). They seem to be the cat’s meow.

2. Betty says:

Happy Birthday. I enjoyed reading all about it and love the Evil Robot photo (lol). I see you have Women on Wheels in your categories. Are you a member? I’m a member and I’m in the Colorado Springs, CO chapter of Mountain Shadow Riders and loving every minutes. What a great group of ladies!!
    Safe Travels in Your Part of the World,
    Betty 🙂

3. 59ideas says:

Happy Birthday!
    Just surfing around motorcycle blogs for ideas.
    Like you travel stuffs.

4. tony says:

I hope you got my birthday email, although I think I sent it several days early for some reason. I blame my wife. Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday 🙂

6. andrea says:

happy birthday, poof of blue! love the Evil Robot pic. =D

7. 2007 Street Bob!!!!!!!! says:

Hi Everbody,
    My Name Is Bennett, and i work for a non-profit organization called Corps. Of Compassion, 501 (c) 3 Non-profit, created one year ago helping KATRINA VICTIMS that moved in Las Vegas. Lately we focused on feeding the children and defeating hunger. We are partnered up with Title 1 Hope from Clark County School District we are feeding at-risk youth in 2 elementary schools and 1 recreation center, with good luck we plan on feeding 3,000 children by September 2007.
    Henderson Harley-Davidson donated us 2007 Street Bob, so we can sell raffle tickets and raise money fo this event. Winner does not to be present to win and the raffle is going to be Dec. 9th 2006, at the Henderson Harley-Davidson. $20 a ticket or 6 for $100. Great deal and helps kids. You can buy tickets in our website http://www.jointhecorps.org it is also tax deductible.