Rain, work, blah blah

There is literally nothing interesting going on in the riding half of my life. Water continues to fall from the sky; fire drills and service release rolls continue to pile up at work. This unfortunate combination leads to no riding for either commuting or fun. Pooters!

I started the write-up for the Scottoiler installation last night but then got distracted by beer and Law & Order. My bad.

This thread is cracking me up.

Weather-permitting, though, I’ll be doing a bit of riding this weekend. Linda’s birthday/history ride is on Sunday, and I’m really hoping for sun. I need to get out and ride a little bit.

See, this is why I’m updating the hockey stuff more often; there’s honestly nothing interesting and bike-related going on. πŸ™

11 Responses to Rain, work, blah blah

1. Geoff says:

Hey Poof, what do you think those hounds are saying about you and your site? Peter might have to open up a can of whup-azz! Ha!
    Yahoo weather is still calling for sunny skies on Sat & Sun here in Redding! It’s been 6 weeks since I got the 929 out of the garage. Crossing my fingers!

2. Geoff says:

By the way, you didn’t even mention the whole cluster F*** that is the “new and improved” AMA. Did you not see the Daytona fiasco, or is it just not even worth acknowledging?

I am the world’s laziest human and have still not watched Daytona. Maybe I’ll booze up and watch it tonight.

We might have one day of sun, if we’re lucky.
    Ooh, Texas riders. I sense an opportunity :: lol ::
    The thread is cracking me up. When do I get to be a hot chick who may or may not be married? πŸ˜‰

5. Alan R says:

Wow. You’re famous, and men are envious of your biceps. Pretty soon you’ll have stalkers, and maybe even paparazzi.
    πŸ™‚

6. Sylvie says:

The link to the texan bikers forum is very funny ! Anyway, I guess you’re kind of unique, Carolyn πŸ˜‰ Is it a Californian thing ? because my husband too is kind of unique πŸ˜‰ and life with him is really surprising and entertaining πŸ˜‰

Hey! I have achieved moderate admiration on the Intruder Alert forum. I am a Chick Who Wields JB-Weld. πŸ˜‰
    Sylvie: is what a California thing? πŸ™‚

8. Alan R says:

FYI, Linda, I believe Sylvie was asking whether being “unique” is a California thing.
    Personally, though I didn’t know her then, I suspect Carolyn was unique before arriving in CA. πŸ™‚

My mommy always said I was unique. (Actually, she did. Ask Peter — that’s her favorite way to describe me πŸ˜‰ )

10. Sylvie R. aka Crocodile Dundee's wife says:

Actually “unique” means being “very special”, you know like “there’s something in the (h)air…” πŸ˜‰ OR having unusual hobbies (for example : cricket for an American guy, biking and fixing huge motorcycles for a short/cute lady) OR look/feel like a Californian Crocodile Dundee almost everywhere you go. Very entertaining for somebody fond of Ancient Greece πŸ˜‰

Ha! Crocodile Dundee! *laughs* Oh my. Poor Alan! πŸ˜‰ Though, actually, now that you mention it, Sylvie…. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚