Midgetcycle before and after

The “after” shot has some nasty backlight going, but you can definitely see the results of the lowering. 🙂

Z750s_before_after_lowering

I’m not quite flatfooting now, even though it looks like I am.

Here’s the “new” shock:

436_3648jpg

This entry was posted in Z750S. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Midgetcycle before and after

1. Geoff says:

hmmmm… I’m looking at the “before and after” pics, and I suspect that Phil may have pulled a fast one. Instead of lowering your rear suspension all mechanical-like, they just bolted a big ‘ol suitcase full of sand on the Z’s tail section. Okay, I’ll shut up now! 🙂

2. Kansas says:

Well then. Once you getting all that buzzin’ out of the bike you’ll be more than set.
    🙂

3. Sue says:

I was wondering why you didn’t just use lowering links and drop the forks into the tree?

>Instead of lowering your rear suspension all mechanical-like, they
    >just bolted a big ‘ol suitcase full of sand on the Z’s tail section
    Har har! 😉 I was joking that I could have saved myself a bunch of money and just eaten lots of cupcakes and beer for the same effect. *grins*
    As for lowering links and raising the forks in the tree:
    Short answer: personal preference.
    Long answer:
    1) Lowering links change the angle of the shock, thus changing the compression rate. I’ve heard from many People On The Internet that it can cause a much stiffer/harsher ride.
    2) There’s a very limited amount of space for raising the forks in the tree. There’s really only about 1.5 centimeters of room there, and I’d be a little nervous to do the whole 1.5 cm or risk bottoming out the front fender against the underside of the tree under emergency braking.

5. Fran says:

Hi, I jsut found your information on SBL last week by sheer accident! I am so pleased to see that there is help out there for us vertically challenged folks. My question is this.
    I have a 1991 Kaw EX500 that I believe has been lowered as afr as she can be lowered. Do you have any other suggestions for me? I wear full gear 98% of th etime (boots, that are cop boots, so not very high or ankle supportive, textile Gericke jacket, helmet, gloves), I am either on my tippy toes or the ball of my foot. Where my feet are depends on the grade of the road that I am stopped on. Have you ever had to actually chop off some of the kickstand to make the bike not so suceptible to falling over? I heard that helps. My hubby lowered the back for me, but we can’t see a way to lower the front.
    I have noticed that there do not seem to be a lot of changes for the 91 model that can be done. Any help woul dbe appreciated. I am 5’1″ (BARELY!!!), don’t know my inseam though, but I imagine it can’t be much. I weight about 150lbs (which I hope to lose this summer), and I live in Indiana. I just replaced the clutch cable on the EX, and am itching to ride, but with current temps about 36 degrees, I will probably be looking at it sit in the garage for a while longer.
    Thanks for your help!