Pics from the Alturas ride

Ride report forthcoming, but in the meantime, here are a few pictures from this weekend’s ride.

Your cast of characters:
Me
Peter
Jim (jpred)
Jim (hhhch45)
Frank (xs400)
Erik (frank’s brother; no ST.n name that I know of)
Andrew (ZX11Andrew)
Terry (CBXTerry)
Gary (itsatdm)
Mitch (endo) and his wife met us for lunch on Saturday

Jim along Hwy 88 in the Sierras:
431_3164jpg

The SVS along Hwy 88 in the eastern Sierras:
431_3189jpg

Peter’s first time crossing state lines on a bike trip:
431_3198

Hwy 447 in Nevada:
432_3210jpg

Dinner at the Black Bear diner in Alturas, CA:
432_3224jpg

A balmy morning in Alturas (27F):
432_3229jpg

Frank along Hwy 299:
432_3236jpg

The road through Lassen National Park:
432_3266jpg

This entry was posted in SV650S, Trips and Travels. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Pics from the Alturas ride

1. Geoff says:

I’m getting chilly just looking at those pictures! Of course, it’s 85 degrees today here in Redding. Go figure!

Yeah, we took Hwy 36 from Lassen into Red Bluff and instantly started sweating! From 27F to 85F in one day…I’m probably getting pneumonia as I type. ;)

3. Geoff says:

And you still haven’t stopped in Redding to gaze in awe at our lovely, $2.4 million Sundial Bridge?! What up wit’dat, C?

Oh, I know. I think I’ll have to plan an Official Sundial Trip. This sundial better live up to the hype! *laughs*
    Now to just find a way to Redding that in no way, shape, or form involves I-5…

5. tony says:

Ooooh, Lassen.
    I am so jealous. Ever since I tagged along on the last ride through there I’ve been wanting to go back and spend some serious time there.

6. stephanie says:

Ooooh, Lassen.

7. yosh says:

Peter left the state?!?!? OMG! :-P

>Peter left the state?!?!? OMG! :-P
    Barely. He came right back in a few hours later. *giggle*