My summer vacation.

33 riding days

10,300 miles

19 states

2 provinces

1 non-fatal mechanical difficulty (the broken speedo out of Kingman)

1 tip-over in a gravel parking lot in Chama, NM (0mph, naturally. Bike wasn’t even on.)

Hottest temperature: 110F near Redding, CA

Coldest temperature: high 30s along Hwy 28 in Wyoming

Longest day: 585 miles (Kingman, AZ to Cupertino, CA)

Shortest day: 83 miles (Mundelein, IL to Muskego, WI)

This entry was posted in SV650S, Trips and Travels. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to My summer vacation.

1. wookiee says:

All on the SV? I don’t know how you can do 585 miles in on day on it. I go more than 60 miles or so on mine and my throttle hand is cramping like there’s no tomorrow.

The raised handlebars really make all the difference. Between the Honda Hawk bars and the gel seat, it’s actually pretty comfy.

3. Dave says:

thats some serious riding, must have been extremely tired afterwards, but i bet the trip was all worth it

4. Kansas says:

I’m jealous!

5. Kansas says:

Carolyn, I’m curious, how much money do you think your trip set you back? A journey like that sounds like it’d be rather costly.

It wasn’t too bad, really. Hotels were obviously the most expensive part — in hindsight, I wish I’d signed up for a Best Western “frequent stayer” card, because I could have gotten at least one or two free nights that way.
    I just got one of the credit card bills from the summer, but have been afraid to look so far. ;) I’ll let you guys know a ballpark figure once I have one.