Oh, hi, I’m Carolyn, and I have this blog. Sometimes I even post in it.
I’ve been hit with the triple whammy of being in Las Vegas over the long weekend, returning home to maelstorms at work, and having lots of homework due on the same day. Oh, and yes, I know that bluepoof.com is still down. It be havin’ DNS woes. The amount of energy I put into fixing it is inversely proportional to the number of emails that I get asking when it’ll be back up. Those of you who have now emailed me four times, I’m talking to you. 🙂
So, let’s see, what’s been going on in my motorcycle world?
1) I was nearly sandwiched on my way to work today. I had an early-morning haircut in a different area of Palo Alto, so I was on surface streets heading towards Danger when a minivan about 4 cars up decided to slam on his brakes — to a dead stop — for no discernable reason. I locked up the rear wheel and came about a foot from hitting the Miata in front of me, who in turn did the same to the car in front of him. The car behind me didn’t even bother braking, but instead screeched onto the shoulder up next to me. It was the first time I’d locked the rear in a while. I blame it on being before 9am.
2) I remembered to clean and lube my chain at the actual recommended mileage this week! A small victory.
3) My front end’s been wobbly at very specific points in my commute lately. The tires seem fine, so I blame Palo Alto’s bizarre paving methods (slather down crappy asphault, let heavy trucks drive on it until it ruts. Repeat.).
4) I got an ATV tankbag for the Serow, but haven’t ridden with it yet. Nor have I taken a picture, but here’s the model. I toyed with getting the camo one, but ended up with basic black.
5) We’re down to babysitting just one of Cat’s bikes now, as Creech came by last night for one of the Ninjas. We talked a bit about Death Valley while trying to wrestle the Ninja into his truck…as though I needed more convincing to go back to the desert.
I think that’s pretty much it. Hopefully I’ll get out and do a bit of riding this weekend and will thus have something interesting to post. 🙂