New toy!!!

Yum.  Yum yum yum yum.  :) 🙂 🙂

This is the low suspension model and it fits me perfectly.  Yay!  This one also doesn't have any of the engine twitchiness that the demo bike I rode had.  I don't know why that one was so super-abrupt, but the bike I wound up with has a wonderful engine and wasn't spazzy at all.

20 miles on the odometer and counting!

This entry was posted in F650GS (2009). Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to New toy!!!

1. Colleen says:

Congrats on your new bike. I live in Santa Cruz and have the blue one. Let me know if you ever want to go for a ride. Us short girls have to stick together and I’d like to work on my off-road skills. After reading your blog for a year or two, it is apparent to me that you would be a great guide.
    Colleen

2. Rob Rogers says:

That is one sexy new bike!!! I’m jealous.

3. Steve Miller says:

Did you get a good trade on the 650 (the 650 that is actually a 650)?

4. Yvette says:

WOW!!! Congratulations!!!!
    Will you be riding this one the next time I see you?

5. Craig says:

That bike is beautiful. I can see great adventure in your future. Enjoy!

Colleen: sounds great! 😀
    Steve: Nope, I didn’t do the trade in. They wanted me to take all of the farkle off the thumper and then they were only going to offer me $800. Even the sales guy was like, nah, sell it on Craigslist instead. 😉

7. Carla King says:

Hey, that is a very beautiful machine. I’m looking forward to your ride reports. Congratulations!

8. Bruce (1P8RIOT) says:

VERY nice!!! Let the farkling begin. I’m looking forward to your impressions. Be safe and have fun.

9. Colleen says:

Carolyn,
    I got a cool bash plate from BMW (aluminum), had it powder coated black, and then installed it. It looks great. I also got the bags which work very well. They are much easier to expand and compress than the ones on my 650 single. I got the taller windscreen (tinted) that comes stock on the 800 GS. It helped a lot. On yeah, I also got the super sturdy hand-guards also.
    You will love it because of the spectacular balance and power not to mention the fact that it is absolutely beautiful.
    I’m very happy for you.
    Colleen

10. Snarfdog says:

Very nice! I like it.

11. Red says:

OMG Shiny!! 😀 So jealous…

12. Red says:

OMG Shiny!! 😀 So jealous…

13. MB says:

I was so excited to come accross your site as I jsut purchased my first bike today the BMW F 650 GS. I loved reading your review and look forward to taking my first ride on Thursday!

14. Steve Miller says:

Boy, I’ve heard of bad offers on a trade, but $800 borders on an insult. They’d sell it themselves for four grand, at least, I’d think.
    That 800 sure is nice, enjoy!

15. drewbird911 says:

Hello Blue,
    Long time reader/follower, first time poster.It sounds like you like the F650GS, congratulation!! I was wondering if you looked at the G650GS? I am thinking about stepping up from my 2005 XT225, but was thinking that the 2009 G650GS, might fit my 11 mile commute and give me a more range/highway capability. I’d welcome your input drewbird911 at gmail dot com TIA and enjoy

16. Roger Willcut says:

Colour me jealous as well. So what ends up being your unweighted seat-ground height on it? Compared to your XT and assuming you are wearing the Daytona’s