Bring out your RVs!

I’ve been waffling about how to announce this, since it’s, like, all cool and stuff but yet I must try to act professional. Thus, I sound schizophrenic. πŸ˜‰

My Wind Dancers friends Leslie and Paula started a tour company a couple of years ago, called Hug the Curve. It works in cooperation with Towanda Women Motorcycle Tours, which runs tours for women in Australia and New Zealand. Paula and Leslie handle the US/Canada tours.

Anyway.

Hug the Curve needed an assistant tour guide for their upcoming Great Northwest Adventure tour — 12 days through Washington, British Columbia, Alberta, Montana, and Idaho.

And they asked me.

I’m so frickin’ excited. Not only is it a kickass opportunity to ride through some gorgeous scenery, but it’s such a huge compliment that they think I’ll be good for their business. I’ll be helping with route preparation, with writing the tour book that the paying customers will receive, plus, on the trip itself, I’ll be helping to make sure that everyone is having a great time and is learning stuff.

I’m already digging into the British Columbia books I bought for the Alaska trip (Peter: “Wow, it’s almost like it was worth buying EVERY BOOK EVER PUBLISHED on British Columbia” — he’s just bitter that he has no room on any of our bookshelves…).

It’s going to be a great business partnership, methinks. I get another opportunity to ride somewhere spectacular and write about it; Leslie and Paula get publicity for their company from said writing (see, like I’m doing right now πŸ˜‰ ).

Very unprofessional *bounce* *bounce* *bounce* I get to go get stuck behind RVs in Canada again!

7 Responses to Bring out your RVs!

Woo Hoo! That’s awesome!
    BC was amazing.
    Will you still be going to the ride-in? It’s kind of on the way to work for you.

Excellent and I also have the same question about the Ride-In. πŸ˜‰

Y’know, I hadn’t even thought of that. But that’s really tempting.
    I probably could make the Ride-In, since with the 4th of July, I’ll have a day off of work (er, real work) in there; leaving July 2 would get me to Boise on the 4th, the Ride-In’s July 5-7, and then I’d have two days to do the 500 miles from Boise to Seattle.
    Oooh, and I could avoid doing I-5 one of the ways! OK, sold. Damn, I hated that stretch of 5 through Oregon.

Yer Welcome.
    It’s the first thing I thought of. (well, after MotoGP, and the two are so linked in my brain because of timing.)
    But then again, I didn’t have a fantastic, wonderful second job to consider.
    That is SO cool. I think your enthusiasm is infectious, because I’m starting to *bounce* for you. πŸ™‚

5. Lusty says:

Leslie has a phone number for “Diana” stored in her phone. She keeps calling it and leaving messages: “Sorry to hear about your uncle”, “how about we get together to make pies today”, “were driving by your place on the way back from Santa Cruz and thought we’d stop in”, and “thanks for the AWESOME salt and pepper shakers!”. The only thing is nothing happened to my uncle and I didn’t give them any salt and pepper shakers. After the uncle call, I actually phoned her and told her I thought she had the wrong Diana, but it didn’t seem to help. Someday, I’ll actually get the call when it comes in, and be free for dinner, and she’ll get a big shock when she sees who actually shows up πŸ˜‰

6. Lusty says: