Alaska: June 11 - July 3, 2004
All of my blog entries related to the trip. Most recent entries are at the top.
Includes entries written before and after the trip, as well
as ones from the road.
A lot of people have asked a lot of questions. Here are the answers to the most popular ones.
A Pros and Cons page for the gear I brought along on the trip.
- My route from Cupertino, CA to Haines, AK
- Hwy 97: Sumas, WA - Dawson Creek, BC
- The Alaska Highway: Dawson Creek, BC - Fairbanks, AK
- The Parks Highway: Fairbanks, AK - Anchorage, AK
- The Glenn Highway: Anchorage, AK - Glennallen, AK
- The Tok Cutoff: Glennallen, AK - Tok, AK
- The Haines Highway: Haines Junction, YT - Haines, AK
While staying in Fairbanks, we took a day trip to Barrow, AK, on the Arctic Circle.
The little tree shows where Barrow is. This, of course, is sort of funny, as Barrow has no trees.
I've created a separate album for the top 100 pictures of the trip.
Click here for the album, which includes captions for each photo.
For the obsessive-compulsive, all of the trip photos are now online.