The Bluepoof Desert Adventure: April 3-11, 2003
While researching routes for my trip to the 2003 Women on Wheels Ride-In, I really got excited about the prospect
of riding some of these desert roads. Unfortunately, the Ride-In is in July -- not the best time of year to visit some
of the desert attractions. Luckily, I found myself with some vacation time and a "down time" at work, so I took off in early
April to see some of the sites.
I covered about 2600 miles in eight days. My friends Jan and Keith (and their son Zeke) met me in Las Vegas for
a night; otherwise I traveled solo.
I finally wrote up a trip report: Click here!
- April 3: Palo Alto, CA - Death Valley, CA
- April 4: Death Valley, CA - Las Vegas, NV
- April 5: Las Vegas, NV
- April 6: Las Vegas, NV - Springdale, UT
- April 7: Zion National Park - Bryce Canyon, UT
- April 8: Bryce Canyon National Park - Grand Canyon Village, AZ
- April 9: Grand Canyon National Park - Boulder City, NV
- April 10: Boulder City, NV - Reno, NV
- April 11: Reno, NV - Palo Alto, CA